Wednesday, January 28, 2009

go go power rangers

[A STORY THAT I MADE UP]

When I was little, I loved to watch cartoons. Well, actually I’m still enjoying them even my friends and family said that I’m too old for that. Huh~~ for me. No one is too old for cartoons. But the fact is being an 8-year-old cartoon maniac was better than an 18-year-old cartoon addicted. Why? Hurm… I blamed hormones for that. Huh~~ well, we grew up. Physically n mentally.

During my childhood, every single thing that the cartoon characters did was real to me. These included the POWER RANGERS. “go go power rangers!!!” I loved watching that rangers. And mostly I admire the “red power ranger” as he is the leader and the strongest among the power rangers. Fighting aliens, defeating monsters, saving the day. They were like super heroes to me.

Once upon a time in kindergarden, my lovely teacher Nor asked me

“aimi, dear. What do you want to be when u grow up?”

“I want to be ‘go go power ranger’!!!” I replied while showing her some cool moves that I learned from power rangers. [haiYak!! Plus some sidekicks]

surprisingly, she whispered to me that she was the purple power ranger. So, as I was one of the craziest fan!! I whispered back to her,

“no, teacher Nor. Mana ada power ranger purple.”

Teacher Nor uttered, “yes aimi, dulu-dulu. Now teacher nor dah berhenti sebab nak ajar aimi.”

Well, that conversation actually gave me hope to be a real power ranger one day. I even had 2 power rangers t-shirt [red and white rangers].

my watch also had the face of the red power ranger on it. you know... the one that can 'bukak tutop'. i also had the red power ranger mask. Not to mention action figures!! I got a set of power rangers. And I loved to show off to my friends. I was so proud of the power rangers. Always talked about them especially the red ranger.

One day, I brought them to school and there was a bully. He tried to take away ‘my life” from me. Well, one thing that the red ranger taught me, never let the enemy let you down. So, I fought him back. I don’t know where and how did I manage to get that kind of courage to stand up for myself. And of coz, I got my hand sratched. But as long as my power rangers were ok, I will die to protect them. From that day, the bully was never ever tried to pick on anyone especially me. Well, thanx to the power rangers. I found my courage and I learned not to afraid of bad guys. Lets show them WHO’S THE BOSS!!! I AM!! I AM!! WE ARE!!

But when I grew older and entered the primary school, all the heroic thingy were falling apart. I learned that cartoons just a bunch of characters in the tv. And this fact included the power rangers in it. They were fake!!! There are no such thing as super heroes!!! Not more than just characters to fool little kids like I was before. I was 10 when I realized this. Like I said. I blamed hormones!!!
Huh~~ it was really hurt when you know the person that u looked up the most, the one that showed you life, gave you courage to stand up for yourself, the one who will never say YES to crimes or monsters, the one who will defend the truth even it cost him his life or even his dignity… your only hero was actually a FAKE.

Not more than a cartoon. Just a character in the tv. The red ranger disappointed me. He was my role model. I want to be just like him. Brave, strong, and never give up. Not to mention his cool gadjets too. He WAS my hero. I thought the red ranger was perfect. Well, duh~~ it was just a cartoon!!! When you are a cartoon character, u can be anything you wanted to. the creator of the power rangers was just showing the heroic part of them to please the kids.

Sometimes, I think. It would be better if I am still 8. the red ranger will forever be my hero. But. Life must go on. People said dat life is hypocrite. Huh~~ may be they were right after all. But still, even the red ranger is just a cartoon… but if in real life, he would be the best HERO ever. I’m looking forward to find a person like him. Huh~~ in my dream!! Well, nobody’s perfect.
...

Power Rangers Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

keberkatan said...

wait!!!
wanna edit sumthing>>>
thinking again, doesn't matter how old i am, or even the power rangers just a cartoon, even i blamed Mr. n Mrs Hormones for this, or the red power ranger will never be real... but, they saved my life once. they switched on the 'courage button' in me. and they taught me to never give up. so, still... the power rangers will be my heroes for ever n ever...

ainun zulkiflee said...

aimi..saya mau link kamo! :)

arlina said...

haha
dulu pun kite suke power rangers warne kuning
kite ade bag die, mcm bentuk kepale power rangers tu
lepas tu ade lampu kat mane die
comel gilaaaaaaaa
haha
well aimi, kite pun tak membesar jugak. hahaha

ballqiszbelle said...

jap aimi..aku pon same gak..
aku sgt suka katun...

adek aku pon x mcm aku...

addicted sgt..
semua channel cartoon kat astro tu aku yg punya....

hahhahah~

open new tab

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...